Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Salvador!



10/2/12

I'm now in the city of Salvador, the capital of the mission, which means Savior. It's the third largest city in Brazil. So, it's very interesting. Our area has a big beach in it. As a missionary, that does nothing for me. But, it really reminds me of home. Salvador is a large city on a bay. It had lots of big buildings. And, the church is challenged by a surprisingly large influence of atheism. It's one of the least religious capitals in the world. Surprising for Brazil. But, the members who really stay active, like back home, have to be strong. There aren't any wishy-washy Sunday Mormons here. I like it that way. And, the ward I'm in is growing fast enough that it'll be dividing soon. Again. President Hart likes to put me in these areas.

On a different note, my companion has been very sick, so we haven't gotten out much. So, that's all I have to say for now. Keep being amazing people!

Love,
Elder Ortega

No comments:

Post a Comment